I work with this girl who is very creative. She loves doing crafts, & is really good at coming up with ideas for recipes. And though the ideas are unusual, that’s what makes them so fun to create & try. They keep turning out pretty fantastic!
Anyhoo, I know coconut curry coup is traditionally served over rice, but she was insistent that we try mashed potatoes…and I liked it better Once again, I never measure anything, ever, so here we go with some estimates….
|Coconut Curry Veggies over…Mashed Potatoes? yep|
- 6 medium sized russet potatoes, diced
- 4 small red potatoes, diced
- olive oil, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup green beans, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- half an onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Place diced potatoes in pot of boiling water for about 15-20 minutes. Test with a fork. When potatoes are tender, drain water. Drizzle potatoes with olive oil & sea salt to taste. MASH!
- Meanwhile, over medium heat, saute minced garlic and onion in oil in bottom of a large pot until fragrant. Add carrots & celery. Saute for another 5-6 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and sprinkle in seasonings. Stir often, and let it come to a desirable temperature.
- Add shredded coconut and diced tomato. Stir for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Scoop mashed potatoes in a bowl, and top with soup. Enjoy this yummy comfort food