And because I love you guys so much, I have to share my new favourite recipe with you before I hit the road. These soft, chewy, rich cookies will give you the energy you need, all without the sugar! The espresso adds a nice touch to the chocolate, and I cannot get enough of these bad boys. I know you’ll love ‘em too!
Again, the almond pulp comes from making almond mylk. If you like, you can sub finely-ground oats or almonds for the almond pulp, but you may need to add in a touch more almond mylk. Now go make these! You cannot miss out on these cookies!
Anyhoo, I’m out! See you at the Victoria Vegan Fest, foodies
From my kitchen to yours <3
|Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies||
- 1 1/4 cup almond pulp
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp powdered Stevia
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup almond mylk
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 4 shots espresso, cold
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a spatula to stir together dry ingredients. Mix well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. When fully mixed, pour into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Lay a silicone mat onto your cookie sheet. Use an ice cream scoop to portion cookies evenly onto tray.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 13-15 mins until tops of cookies are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 mins until transferring to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely, about 10 mins.
- Devour. Store remaining (haha) cookies in the refrigerator.
peace, love, food <3