In case you don’t already know this, I am crazy obsessed with putting chocolate into my oatmeal. If you have yet to discover the secret to amazing breakfasts, try it now. I promise you won’t regret it. Breakfast has never been the same <3
I really like the addition of orange flavour in this, too, which comes from NuNaturals Orange Flavour Liquid Stevia. If you don’t have this on hand, use any sweetener you desire & try adding orange extract or lemon extract. Both will work, and both will be amazing. Life is short, so have dessert for breakfast!
Enjoy, foodies! From my kitchen to yours <3
|Char’s Chocolate Orange Oatmeal|
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond mylk, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp custard powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 20 drops NuNaturals Orange Flavour Stevia
- In a small pot over high heat, combine rolled oats, almond mylk, & water. Bring to a boil, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, & let simmer for 10-15 minutes, until oatmeal has thickened up.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients, making sure to mix well.
- Scoop prepared oatmeal into a bowl & serve warm.
peace, love, food <3