This powdered peanut butter has 85% less fat calories than regular peanut butter, and only contains 45 calories in 2 tablespoons. I was disappointed to learn it contains some sugar, but not much- only 1 gram in 2 tablespoons.
How does it taste?
I put too much liquid here, but it smells & tastes just like peanut butter. With the right amount of water, it’s the same consistency as peanut butter. The roasted peanuts, salt, & sugar really help bring out the taste. I can sorta tell that there’s a fat component missing, but not enough that it bothers me. I love this stuff! I’ve been putting it into peanut butter & banana sandwiches, fruit & yogurt, oatmeal…
Which reminds me! You need to go make this chocolate peanut butter oatmeal right meow! If you don’t have PB2, just use regular peanut butter. If you’re Canadian like me & can’t find this awesome stuff anywhere, I found this great website that does cheap shipping to Canada. I ordered 4 jars, as the shipping remains the same whether it’s only 1 jar or 4. They also have a chocolate one, but I’d rather just add in my own cocoa powder. ‘Sup to you.
Enjoy, foodies! From my kitchen to yours <3
|Low Fat Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal|
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond mylk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp PB2 (or regular peanut butter)
- 2 tsp powdered stevia
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a small pot over high heat, combine rolled oats, almond mylk, & water. Bring to a boil, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, & let simmer for 10-15 minutes, until oatmeal has thickened up.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients, making sure to mix well.
- Scoop prepared oatmeal into a bowl & serve warm.
peace, love, food <3