|Sea Salt Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal || || |
Recipe type: breakfast
Cook time: 18 mins
Total time: 18 mins
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond mylk
- 1 cup water
- 5 cherries, pitted & diced
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp powdered stevia
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a small pot over high heat, combine rolled oats, almond mylk, & water. Bring to a boil, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, & let simmer for 10-15 minutes, until oatmeal has thickened up.
- Add the diced cherries to the pot in the final 5 mins of cooking.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients, making sure to mix well.
- Scoop prepared oatmeal into a bowl & serve warm.
Recipe by Char's Kitchen: A Vegan Friendly Food Blog at http://www.charskitchen.ca/2012/09/sea-salt-chocolate-cherry-oatmeal.html