You know when you discover an easy recipe and you suddenly become hooked and eat it every day? This is that recipe for me lately. I don’t know what inspired me. I just kept adding ingredients and suddenly it was delicious! I’ve eaten this just about every day for the last two weeks now. So delicious, so quick to prepare!
Three things of note:
1. I always use broccoli, but have swapped between adding cauliflower and zucchini. Really, you could use all three, as well as any other cruciferous veggies which might happen to tickle your fancy.
2. I have used both coconut vinegar and balsamic vinegar (though not at the same time). They are both delicious and I actually don’t have a preference. Feel free to choose your poison.
3. You can eat the whole thing like a big warm salad or serve as two side dishes. Totes up to you.
That’s it that’s all! Not too much else to report from Calgary, though I’ve been crazy busy this week. It’s only 7:30pm and I am showered and in my (Minnie Mouse) pyjamas. It will be an early night. I hope all is well with you, foodies!
- 1½ cups broccoli florets
- 1½ cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar OR coconut vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 2-4 tbsp fresh shredded parmesan cheese, to serve
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Put all ingredients except the cheese into a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add mixed ingredients to the prepared baking sheet and put into the oven.
- Allow to roast for 12-15 mins. No need to stir.
- Remove from oven, scoop veggies onto a plate. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan to serve.
- Enjoy warm.