Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies & a NuNaturals Giveaway!
Hey hey foodies!
What better way to make a come-back than with fudgy chocolate cherry brownies and a fabulous giveaway? NuNaturals, the company that makes my favourite line of sweeteners, sent a generous package of products for me to test.
Luckily for you, I like to make chocolate.
Like, I REALLY like to make chocolate.
The brownies are dense, fudgy, and are very mildly sweet. Perfect for when you want a treat but don’t want to over-do it. I used NuNaturals new Cherry Vanilla liquid stevia drops in place of sugar, and coconut oil in place of butter. The chopped cherries add a nice, sweet touch.
The Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are chewy and sugar-free, made with NuNaturals sugar-free tagatose (NEW product!)…recipe coming soon!
So what’s this giveaway all about? What’s in it for you?
NuNaturals wants YOU to have a chance to try these new products for free. There will be FOUR (4) winners, and this giveaway is open to WORLDWIDE readers (Please note: NuNaturals cannot ship to P.O. Boxes). Each winner will receive one (1) bottle of each NuNaturals liquid stevia flavour: Vanilla/ Lemon/ Cherry Vanilla, PLUS a 50 pkt. box of NuStevia White Stevia Powder packets.
There are five possible ways to enter. You do not have to complete all five, but each entry gets your name in the draw. Leave a separate comment on THIS post for EACH entry that you complete:
1) ‘Like’ NuNaturals on Facebook
2) ‘Like’ Char’s Kitchen on Facebook
3) Follow NuNaturals on Twitter
4) Follow Char’s Kitchen on Twitter
5) Copy & paste this tweet: “Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies and @NuNaturals Stevia Giveaway @chars_kitchen http://bit.ly/19ZFsZD !”
**UPDATE Oct 30th** Contest Closed! Here are the winners:
Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies
Recipe type: Healthy Dessert
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Dense, fudgy brownies, rich chocolate taste, balanced with sweet cherry & vanilla.
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 60 drops NuNaturals Cherry Vanilla liquid stevia
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 cup oat flour
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp finely ground coffee
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mixer, beat together the first 5 ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, sea salt, and ground coffee.
- While mixer is running, add the dry ingredients to the wet slowly, making sure to mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped cherries.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 9×9 baking pan. This may be a tough batter, so use a wooden spoon. This makes for a very dense, fudgy brownie.
- Put pan in oven and let brownies bake for 25-30 mins.
- When brownies are done, remove from oven and allow to cool for 20-30 mins.
- Cut into squares and place on cooling rack for 10 mins before storing in air-tight container.